Glucosamine sulfate, plus chondroitin sulfate, MSM, amino acids and herbal extracts
- Helps to protect against deterioration of cartilage
- Helps to relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis
- Includes standardized green tea leaf extract
- Provides 75 mg of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) per capsule
Glucosamine Complex provides comprehensive support to help maintain cartilage and joint health. It offers glucosamine and chondroitin, two important compounds present in articular cartilage.1 Research suggests that glucosamine contributes to joint health as a precursor in the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and other proteoglycans, which act as building blocks for joints, while regulating cytokine production and catabolic enzyme activity in the synovial fluid and joints.1,2 One form of glucosamine, known as glucosamine sulfate, has been extensively evaluated for its ability to support joint health. Clinical trials have demonstrated that daily supplementation with 1500 mg of glucosamine sulfate helps to relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis and helps protect against the deterioration of cartilage.3-7 MSM, a naturally-occurring organosulfur compound, has been clinically studied in combination with glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.8 Glucosamine Complex also offers the amino acids cysteine and proline, along with stem bromelain, which is used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve minor pain, swelling and inflammation. Green tea extract, hesperidin and rutin are also combined to provide antioxidant protection and help reduce oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
1. Vasiliadis, HS, Tsikopoulos, K. World J Orthop. 2017; 8(1): 1-11.
2. Reginster, JY, Neuprez, A, Lecart, MP, Sarlet, N, Bruyere, O. Rheumatol Int. 2012; 32(10): 2959-67.
3. Herrero-Beaumont, G, Ivorra, JA, Del Carmen, Trabado, M, Blanco, FJ, Benito, P, MartÃn-Mola, E, Paulino, J, Marenco, JL, Porto, A, Laffon, A, AraÃºjo, D, Figueroa, M, Branco J. Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 56(2): 555-67.
4. Mehta, K, Gala, J, Bhasale, S, Naik, S, Modak, M, Thakur, H, Deo, N, Miller, MJ. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007; 7:34.
5. PavelkÃ¡, K, GatterovÃ¡, J, OlejarovÃ¡, M, Machacek, S, Giacovelli, G, Rovati, LC. Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162(18): 2113-23.
6. Qiu, GX, Gao, SN, Giacovelli, G, Rovati, L, Setnikar, I. [Abstract]. Arzneimittelforschung. 1998; 48(5): 469-74.
7. Reginster, JY, Deroisy, R, Rovati, LC, Lee, RL, Lejeune, E, Bruyere, O, Giacovelli, G, Henrotin, Y, Dacre, JE, Gossett, C. Lancet. 2001; 357(9252): 251-6.
8. Butawan, M, Benjamin, RL, Bloomer, RJ. Nutrients. 2017; 9(3): pii: E290.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.