- A multi strain blend more closely approximates the normal composition of intestinal flora and ensures balance to the entire intestinal tract
- 8 lactobacilli and 4 bifidobacteria species for ultimate GI health
- Provides 9 human origin strains, 2 dairy and one vegetable origin strain
- Each strain has specific inhibitive functions against pathogenic and putrefactive microorganisms throughout the entire GI tract
- Each strain is resistant to gastric acidity as well as high bile concentrations
- High potency with at least 12 billion cfu per capsule at time of expiry (guaranteed minimum 18 billion active cells at manufacturing date)
- Includes prebiotic FOS inulin to promote probiotic growth
- The high quality lactic acid bacteria requires considerable care at all times, therefore over 20 stringent quality control measures are implemented to ensure strain consistency and viability right up until finished product
The microbial ecosystem in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract has emerged as a ‚“virtual organ system‚, with growing recognition of its diverse significance in both health maintenance and disease prevention.1 GI microbiota play a critical role in maintaining homeostasis of the innate and cell-mediated immune system and enhance intestinal barrier function through a number of mechanisms, including toxin metabolism, tight junction protein phosphorylation and inflammation reduction.2 Research has clearly shown the importance of intestinal bacteria not just for maintaining optimal gastrointestinal health, but also for chronic and systemic health conditions such as Type 2 diabetes, obesity and other inflammatory or autoimmune diseases.3,4,5,6
Probiotics have multifactorial benefits, by modulating gut immune responses and intestinal barrier functions in a strain and dose-dependent manner. Additionally, mixtures of probiotics appear to have greater efficacy than single strains, perhaps because of synergistic activity or because individuals react differently to various strains.7,8,9,10 Probiotic-Pro12 contains 12 bacterial species, each chosen because they can withstand both gastric acid and high bile concentrations, and for their proven benefit in clinical research, mediated via individual mechanisms of action.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.