Easy Meals for Moms!
Providing healthy, balanced meals on a budget that the whole family will enjoy can be a tricky task when you’re the primary meal provider in the house. Have no fear, easy meals for moms is here! Here are a few mainly plant-based meals that you can whip up in under 30 minutes for everyone at the dinner table.
This has got to be one of the most simple, fulfilling breakfast ideas I’ve ever come across. It’s incredibly easy and versatile! You can mix it up any which way. All you do is pick your milk and any additions like fruit, nuts, chia seeds, nut butters, coconut and voila, in the morning you have a ready to go breakfast. It can also double as a quick lunch or dinner when you’re pressed for time. Here’s one of my favs:
In several glass jars combine in each:
- 3/4 cup oats, any kind
- ½ to a whole banana slice or mashed
- ½ diced apple
- 1-2 tbsp of chia sees
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy milk, more if needed
This is a great alternative to egg omelettes and you can get creative with fillings. This recipe makes 4 to 5 omelets.
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cup unsweetened non diary milk
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion, garlic and paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
Whip tahini with a few tablespoons of milk then mix remaining milk with chickpea flour, chia, nutritional yeast, spices, salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with oil. Pour ½ a cup of mixture into skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. When ready fold over into moon shape and cook for one minute to golden. Add milk to mixture if it becomes too thick. Plate and serve with fresh fruit or veg.
The healthy version of pizza! Serves 1 to 2 tortillas per person.
- 5” to 10” wholegrain or corn tortilla shells (mini or large pizzas)
- Your family’s favourite hummus, 1/3 to ½ cup per shell
- Toppings of choice, i.e., Bell pepper, olives and mushrooms
Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place tortillas on sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove and cool. Spread a layer of hummus on each tortilla and add toppings. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, remove, slice and serve.
Sweet Mustard Bean Salad
This is an easy summer salad that’s yummy with minimal food prep. Serves 4 to 5.
- 1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Bean Soup Mix soaked and cooked
- 2 chopped field cucumbers
- 2 medium shredded carrots
- ¼ cup Kozliks Mustard – Clobbered Cranberry
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! Can be served warm or cold.
This is the easiest warm “good carb” dinner made with only 4 ingredients:
- 3 cups cleaned green beans
- 4 sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 can navy beans
- Pesto of choice
Steam string beans and sweet potatoes. Heat beans separately. Combine all ingredients together, adding pesto to taste and serve in bowls.
Slaw Salad with Extra Greens
This is a salad meal. Everything in one bowl to fill you up and keep you going!
- 1 bag washed broccoli/kale mix
- 2 cups spinach shredded
- 1 diced apple
- 1 cup of chickpeas soaked and cooked or canned
- 1 hand full of raw sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup brown rice or serve on the side or omit altogether
- Sesame ginger dressing to taste or other dressing of choice
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes then serve in individual salad bowls. Can also be served with pita or crackers or choice.