Iodine Products Online
Brief Description of Iodine Support Supplements
Iodine is an essential mineral that supports thyroid gland health, cellular detoxification, metabolism, immune function and regulating body temperature. Iodine deficiency is common in areas that are not exposed to ocean water and soil that naturally contains iodine.
What Are Iodine Support Supplement Products Used for?
Supplementing with iodine products can be used to prevent, maintain and treat low iodine conditions. Individuals with iodine deficiency may experience goiter/nodules on their thyroid, fatigue, unexplained weight gain and hair loss. An iodine vitamin is needed to help produce thyroid hormones, when iodine levels are low.
- During Pregnancy for the Baby’s Brain Development
- Individuals With Low or Underactive Thyroid
- Treat Infections, Topically
- Immune System, Increases Immune Cell Function
- Iodine Deficiency
Types of the Best Iodine Supplement Products
The best iodine supplements available may include one or both forms in iodine capsules, or liquid iodine solution, but can also be found in a food source of kelps, algae and other sea vegetables.
- Potassium Iodine
- Potassium Iodide
- Kelp (Sea Vegetable)
- Bladderwrack (Brown Seaweed)
- Sea Vegetables
- Sea Salt, Celtic Sea Salt
Top Iodine Products, Brands & USPs
There are several brands of iodine products available with high efficacy. The following brands have been third party tested and/or compounded by compound pharmacists. They are meant to maintain and promote a healthy thyroid and optimal health.
- Lugol’s Iodine, an Iodine Solution Containing Potassium Iodine & Potassium Iodide
- Nascent Iodine, Iodine Solution Using an Atomic Formed Iodine
- Genestra Liquid Iodine
- Designs for Health Iodine Synergy, Potassium Iodide and Selenium (Selenomethionine)
- Alterra Io-med, Potassium Iodine & Iodide
- Trophic Iodine, Potassium Iodide
- Natural Factors Kelp
- Schinoussa Sea Vegetables, Contains Kelp, Bladderwrack, Sea Moss
- Drops Are a Convenient Way to Supplement Iodine
- Side Effects Are Rare
- Liquid Iodine Can Stain Teeth (to Avoid This Add Drops to Water and Use a Straw to Drink)
- Liquid Iodine Can Stain the Skin, This is Temporary
- Caution, Liquid Iodine Can Stain Clothing & Countertops
Why Choose Nature’s Source to Buy Iodine Supplements?
Nature’s Source and Nature’s Signature are natural dispensaries, carrying top of the line iodine products prescribed by doctors, naturopathic doctors and health practitioners for their efficacy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Iodine Supplements
How Long Does It Take for Iodine to Work?
For thyroid support, taking iodine capsules for a minimum of 3 months for full benefit. For topical or immune health, the results are more rapid.
Are Iodine Vitamins Good for You?
Yes, iodine is essential for your health. Taking a multivitamin daily provides you with a RDI. Deficiencies require therapeutic doses.
Are Iodine Supplements Safe?
Yes, however you should follow instructions from your doctor or practitioner to avoid taking too much.
What Are the Side Effects of Iodine Products?
There are mild side effects that can occur, especially if the iodine solution is too strong. Common effects, nausea, headaches, burning mouth or throat, fever, vomiting and or diarrhea.
When Should I Take My Iodine Supplement?
Taking iodine at the same time daily can optimize results. To avoid nausea, it’s best to take it after a meal.