Brief Description of Digestion Supplements
Best Digestive enzymes are naturally present in our digestive tract and fresh raw food. Digestive pills are needed in order to properly break down the foods we consume and absorb the nutrients for optimal health. Overcooking foods, not chewing properly, stress
and poor diet can decrease the natural production of enzymes causing symptoms like, bloating, gas, heartburn, constipation, indigestion and diarrhea. Poor digestion can lead to severe digestive conditions such as IBS, crohn's, diverticulosis, leaky gut, colitis, and decline in health.
What are Digestion Supplements Used For?
Pills for digestion can be taken daily with meals to aid with digestion of protein, lactose, gluten, fats, beans, legumes, sugar, carbohydrates and the release of digestive enzymes. Also available are specific formulas that support and treat gallbladder/liver health. Symptoms of enzyme deficiency can be:
- Constipation, Diarrhea
- Bloating, Gassy, Heartburn and Discomfort After Meals
- Food Intolerances, Food Sensitivities
- Poor Digestion
- Suffering From IBS, Crohn’s, Diverticulosis, Leaky Gut, Colitis
How the Digestive System Supplements Works
Food digestion begins in the mouth with the release of the digestive enzymes’ amylase. Chewing food thoroughly activates amylase to begin the digestive process. As food passes through the digestive tract more enzymes are released breaking down large molecules into smaller molecules ending the digestive process in the small intestine, where nutrients like carbohydrates, lipids (fats), proteins, iron, vitamins
and water are absorbed.
Types of Digestion Supplements Products
There are several different types of best digestive enzyme supplements that target different food groups. Individuals with inability to digest lactose can benefit from using enzymes that contain lactase, the enzyme that helps digest dairy products. The best digestive enzymes supplements will combine a full spectrum of enzymes, and can be highly beneficial to those who suffer from multiple food sensitivities or digestive issues. Common best digestive enzyme supplements will contain at least more of the following:
- Amylase: Digests carbohydrates, grains, flour, fruit, pasta, potatoes, snacks, rice, vegetables.
- Alpha Galactosidase: Digests complex carbs, beans, cruciferous vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and legumes.
- Betaine HCL: Increases hydrochloric acid (stomach acid), digests fats and proteins. Assists with reflux, heartburn and gallbladder health, reducing risk of gallstones.
- Bromelain: From kiwi, papaya, pineapple helps to reduce inflammation, swelling, treating sinusitis and osteoarthritis.
- Cellulase: Breaks down soluble fiber, raw fruits, vegetables, wholegrains and stringy fiber from vegetables like celery.
- Invertase: Breaks down and digests carbohydrates, starches, sugars, fructose, glucose, maltose (found in sweets).
- Lactase: Responsible for digesting lactose (milk sugar) found in milk and dairy products and milk protein casein. Supports lactose intolerance.
- Lipase: Best Digestive enzymes that breaks down fats from dairy, meats, nuts, oils to be used in the body and brain for energy.
- Maltase: Helps to break down complex and simple sugars, malt, maltose, grains, flavorings.
- Ox-bile Salts: Break down fats in the small intestine. Supports and treats gallstones, essential for individuals without gallbladder.
- Papain: From papaya helps reduce allergies, inflammation, pain and swelling.
- Peptidase: Breaks down animal proteins and plant-based proteins in amino acids (building blocks, repair, regeneration in the body)
- Protease DPP (Dipeptidyl Peptidase) IV: Digests the gluten (gluten sensitivity), casein, dairy and wheat intolerances.
- Protease SP: Breaks down proteins found in, cheese, eggs, meat and nuts. Also, a proteolytic enzyme to digest inflammation, scar tissue, decrease swelling and alleviate infection.
- Serrapeptase: An enzyme that digests inflammation, scar tissue, reduces pain
Pros & Cons of Digestion Supplements
- Improve Digestion
- Improve Bowel Function and Regularity
- Support Food Sensitivities
- Decrease Bloating and Gas
- Better Health
Weight Loss and Maintenance
- Can Support Brain, Memory, Focus
- Best Taken with Every Meal
- Cramps, Bloat, Gas in Some People but Rare
Top Digestion Products Brands & USPs
Why Choose Nature's Source to Buy Digestion Supplement?
The team at Nature’s Source
and Nature’s Signature understand the importance of a happy digestion. Speaking with one of our specialists at any of our 12 locations to find the best digestive enzyme supplements for optimal results. Digestive enzymes are available in capsule, chewable tablets and digestive enzymes tablets. Nature's Source stocks the best digestive enzyme supplements by top quality brands that are highly recommended by natural health doctors and practitioners.
Frequently Asked Questions About Digestion Supplement
Do Digestive Enzymes Really Work?
Yes, enzymes will break down foods better to improve absorption of nutrients.
What Is the Best Time to Take Digestive Enzymes?
The best time to take digestive enzymes is before meals, however the most important thing is to take them. It’s still ok to take them during or immediately after for support.
How Long Does It Take for Digestive Enzymes to Work?
Digestive enzymes can work immediately and are most noticeable when taken with suspected food sensitivities.
Is It Safe to Take Digestive Enzymes Tablets Daily?
Yes, taking digestive enzymes tablets daily is highly beneficial when treating chronic digestive issues. They can also be taken upon as needed when consuming highly sensitive foods.
How Long Should You Take Digestive Pills?
This depends on the individual and severity of the symptoms. Speak with a practitioner.
Can Taking Digestive Pills Be Harmful?
Digestive Pills are not harmful, but if you are taking a prescription ant-acid you should not combine with an enzyme that contains betaine HCL. Choose an enzyme without betaine HCL.